In the world the main classic games played in casino online and in normal casinos are Blackjack, Roulette, Video Poker, Baccarat, Craps, 5 Reel Slots, 3 Reel Slots, Keno, Pai Gow, Progressive Caribbean Poker and Progressive Slots. Croupiers and dealers throw dice, spin the roulette wheel and deal cards in a casino.
The employment of a croupier includes:
– welcoming new players to the table
– checking that all chips are positioned on the table before the start of play
– checking to ensure that there are four suits (hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades) and that each suit has 13 cards
– explaining the rules to players
– controlling the game and making sure players follow the rules
– collecting chips from losing bets
– mentally calculating payouts to winners.
Croupiers work under the control of a gaming supervisor, who is generally in charge of two tables. Inspectors certify that gaming rules are followed and pay attention for any doubtful behavior.
To become a croupier you will first need working in a casino or casino company. You will then take delivery of on-the-job training. To work in a casino you have to:
– have a excellent general education
– have a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check – you cannot work as a croupier if you have illegal convictions
– have normal color vision, good hearing and clear verbal communication.
At your interview you may have to pass:
-a maths test to check that you can do mental calculations
-a test of your manual agility.
It could be valuable if you have practice of working with the public and managing money.
You can find casinos from the casino company sites and approach them to realize about vacancies. Navigate in the British Casino Association website (in Further Information) for a list of the main casino companies. However, you may be able to progress to management after gaining practice as a dealer or croupier.
To work as a croupier you will need to get a license from the Gambling Commission, the organization that regulates gambling. Gaining a license will engage productively completing a program of training. This will generally be a paid on-the-job preparation course, provided by your employer. Courses last between six and eight weeks and include the skills and techniques you will need as a dealer or croupier, casino legislation and customer service.
Casino companies who do not have their own in-house training will pay for your training with a private training organization. When you have finished your training your tutor will apply for your license.
When you have two/three years practice in a casino and the facility to deal at least three various games, you may be able to apply for a position on a cruise ship, in an overseas casino, or in an online casino featuring live dealers via web cam using real-time video streaming. To work in non-English speaking countries you must have a good familiarity of the correct language. To work in important casinos in Las Vegas or Monte Carlo, you will need extensive and varied experience, and the ability to pass a dealing audition.